Why Choose Blueprint Photography?
You’re looking for a photographer for your biggest life events: wedding, new baby, family portraits, etc. There’s hundreds of photographers to choose from in our area, so why choose Blueprint Photography?
I keep photography real.
As the owner and photographer, I will photograph your wedding, family, or new baby as if it were my own portrait session. I want your images to sparkle and shine and show your true selves. I believe that when I hand you your memories in a professionally printed album, on a canvas, or as a high-quality print, that your images should represent not only you, but the trueness of the day. Blueprint Photography strives to keep a photograph looking like a photograph. Instead of following fads or the latest editing “trends,” your images will remain timeless, true, and crisp to perfection.
Who’s behind the lens?
I’m Jamie, the eyes behind the lens. I’ve been photographing people and nature since I was a junior in high school, and nope, I never thought this would actually be my career. But here I am, (many) years later, doing what I enjoy most!
I live in Landenberg, Pennsylvania with my husband Rich, and my two babies, Abby (5) and Liam (3). I have a master’s degree in Elementary Education and in my past life, I was an elementary school teacher. Blueprint Photography formed as I was teaching; shooting sessions after school and on weekends. Once my daughter was born, I transitioned to photography full time and enjoy the extra days I get to spend with my babies!
I usually don’t talk much about myself, as I’m far more excited to tell about my own kids, or find out about your families. So here’s 20 things about me that you might not know otherwise!
- My hubby and I have been dating / married for TEN years!
- I’d rather shop for my kids than for myself.
- I didn’t drink coffee until I was 31 years old and had my second kid.
- Plain chocolate ice cream with rainbow sprinkles. End of story.
- I Crossfit 3-5 times per week, usually at 6am. Sometimes I’ll sneak out of work to go to the 9:30am class.
- This is harder than I thought it would be.
- I never thought I’d be able to make photography a full-time career. When I started, it was a side-gig. Eventually I had to make the choice. Photography won.
- I try to eat healthy as much as possible, but I definitely cheat. Sometimes a lot.
- I didn’t use Instagram until 2018.
- I still have a Hotmail account for my personal email.
- I have two brothers, two sisters, and two step-brothers.
- I also have a niece who is a year younger than Liam.
- Fudge squares don’t count against “healthy” in my book. 😉
- Everyone always asks: Do I like photographing weddings or newborns better? My honest-to-goodness answer is that BOTH are EQUALLY amazing, fun, and exciting for me. I haven’t gotten bored of either, even after 9 years.
- I immediately turn the TV to HGTV when I turn it on.
- I like to sew.
- I can do a lot of the “creative” things, but by golly, I’ve never been able to paint. I wish I could!
- I like my closets and cabinets at home and the studio to be organized like a store shelf.
- Wrapping Christmas presents is what I call fun!
- I’m relieved that I’m at 20. It was tough not to tell you all about my kids, instead of me!